The little classes at Lawrence Tech permit you to really become familiar with your professors. The depth and breadth of the experience really was surprising and advantageous.” Sarah Witting, BSCE’06, MSECE’07, Engineer, Nissan Technical Center
Computer engineers play an important role within the design and upkeep of large systems that need sophisticated control, including aircraft, automobiles, medical instrumentation, telecommunication systems, and factory automation. They're a driving pressure behind the majority of today’s technology, including wireless communications, along with the growth of computer systems into all areas of everyday existence, they continue being in great demand. Computer engineers design tech-nology for a multitude of consumer, industrial, commercial, and military programs. Transportation, electronic devices, aerospace, robotics – they are a couple of from the industries that hire large amounts laptop or computer engineers.The Bs in Computer Engineering program at Lawrence Technological College combines the very best of electrical engineering and information technology. Become familiar with the basic principles of circuits, systems, and software connected with the style of prrr-rrrglable systems employed for general purpose computing, communications, control, or signal processing. As the program provides a strong foundation in information technology and electrical engineering, you'll study mathematics and physics, which broaden your understanding and knowledge of the pc engineering area. Advanced courses offer you depth in selected areas and contact with the concept of engineering design, and you may take specialized elective courses in a number of areas. Computer engineering students will also be situated to pursue graduate programs either in information technology or electrical engineering.
Computer engineers need knowledge of both software and hardware facets of computer systems, along with the capability to blend the 2 to produce optimum system designs. With this thought, Lawrence Tech’s Bs in Computer Engineering program provides you with several courses that deal particularly using the challenge of integrated product design. Additionally towards the electrical engineering and information technology core, this program includes one math/science elective, two electrical engineering electives, and something computer engineering elective. The capstone senior project spans two semesters and requires the design, construction, and testing of the computer-engineering innovation. Past student projects include building computer controls for any jet engine, a pc-controlled on-board tire inflator, a fireplace-fighting robot, along with a keyless door-entry system.
The pc engineering program is accredited through the Accreditation Board for Engin-eering and Technology.
Why LTU?The Bs in Computer Engineering program at Lawrence Tech combines academic excellence with an abundance of working experience. Co-op programs and industry-backed projects offer valuable contacts with leading companies and allow you to mix compensated on-the-job knowledge about college. You may also have fun playing the Lear Business Program, which concentrates on what must be done to produce, promote, and market items and services. An execllent chance may be the Global Engineering program, which arranges that you should work and focus abroad – a particularly valuable experience of planning you to definitely compete inside a global economy.
Your 132-credit-hour program includes:
|Course Number||Subject||Cr. Several hours.|
|Concepts of Financial aspects|
|College Chemistry 1|
|College Chemistry 1 Lab|
|Fund. of Engr. Design Projects|
|World Works of art 1|
|Technical &lifier Prof. Communication|
|Information Technology 1|
|Engr. Computer Programs Lab|
|Intro. to ECE|
|World Works of art 2|
|Fundamentals of Amer. Exp.|
|College Physics 1|
|College Physics 1 Lab|
|Information Technology 2|
|Leadership Models &lifier Practices|
|College Physics 2|
|College Physics 2 Lab|
|Engineering Cost Analysis|
|Probability &lifier Statistics|
|Growth and development of Amer. Exp.|
|Signals &lifier Systems|
|Digital Electronics and Lab|
|Adv. Digital Electronics|
|Adv. Digital Electronics Lab|
|Project Management Software|
|Control Systems and Lab|
|Strategic Business Plans|
|Intro. to ECE Projects|
|Computer Engr. Projects 1|
|Computer Architecture 1|
|EEE 4xx3*||EE Technical Elective*|
|EEE 4xx1||EE Lab|
|Computer Engr. Projects 2|
|MCS XXX3**||Comp. Science Technical Elective**|
|LLT/SSC/PSY 3XX3/4XX3||Junior/Senior Elective|
* A listing of electrical engineering technical electives can be obtained in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Room E217.
** all 4000 or 5000 level MCS lecture classes are allowed. Check out the program catalog to examine course specific prerequisite needs or talk to the Department of Mathematics and Information Technology
Dual majors is going to be allowed numerous alternatives as authorized by the department chair in line with accreditation needs.
Electrical and Computer Engineering Experts
A lot of students must have an consultant-approved Plan of labor. Students should contact the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Room E217, for his or her designated faculty consultant.
Final results + Objectives
Program Educational Objectives
The Pc Engineering program prepares graduates to:
- apply problem fixing and demanding judgement abilities needed of competent people within an progressively technological society.
- undertake entry-level engineering projects in local industry.
- grow in competence and responsibility.
- undertake graduate studies.
Student Final results
All computer engineering graduates should have
- the capability to use understanding of mathematics, science, and engineering
- the capability to create and conduct experiments, in addition to evaluate and interpret data
- the capability to create a pc system, component, or tactic to meet preferred needs within realistic constraints, for example economic, environment, social, political, ethical, safety and health, manufacturability, and sustainability
- the capability to operate on multidisciplinary teams
- the capability to recognize, formulate, and solve computer engineering problems
- an awareness of professional a moral responsibility
- the capability to speak effectively
- the broad education essential to comprehend the impact of engineering solutions inside a global, economic, environment, and social context
- a recognition from the need form and skill to take part in, long term learning
- a understanding of recent issues
- the capability to make use of the strategy, abilities, and modern engineering tools essential for computer engineering practice
Graduates having a degree in Computer Engineering have numerous career options:Aerospace
Transportation See also: