OFFERED Around The OMAHA CAMPUS (at PKI)
Do you want developing complex components and systems for telecommunications networking? Graduates entering this area are very popular and discover lucrative possibilities. Our majors take courses in electrical engineering basic principles, electronics engineering, mathematics and physics. The curriculum stresses design, development, and programs of electronics and telecommunications engineering. Students possess a solid background in modern electronics circuits and systems having a major concentrate telecommunications engineering.
Students thinking about electronics engineering get a quality academic program supplied by the College of Nebraska-Lincoln subsequently College of Engineering and also the program support from the College of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO). To become accepted towards the Electronics Engineering program, you'll apply with the UNO Undergraduate Admission Application. You've got the unique chance to participate the Nebraska Engineering community and relish the together with your nearby UNO campus when studying in the Peter Kiewit Institute.
- Learning and coaching towns help freshmen transition into college and flourish in engineering
- Small class dimensions, permitting quick access to teaching faculty for help and counseling
- Relevant curriculum with focus on hands-on laboratory experience
- Select few "coffee pods, " which meet regularly having a senior student who had been an old pod member. Each senior pod leader provides on-going guidance to assistance with a effective transition to school.
- Possibilities for internships and employment in the nearby Scott Technology Center along with other companies and industries within the metropolitan area. In Omaha, students readily find part-time employment possibilities.
- Entrepreneurship possibilities through design courses, on-site technology transfer and begin-up assistance
- TekBot® and CEENBoT robot learning platforms link class lectures with engineering programs
Every new student receives a cutting-edge hands-on educational robot known as the CEENBoT, which starts with the initial course within the program. The academic robot platform was created by Computer Engineering and Electronics Engineering senior students and includes numerous innovative design concepts unique to the program. The CEENBoT comes with a student in their program of study with each course, their robot is going to be augmented.
- Condition-of-the-art classes and building
- Up-to-date labs with new furnishings and equipment
- Residence halls situated next to PKI, with priority projects for engineering and knowledge technology students
- Convenient use of supporting course focus on the UNO campus
- Optical communications laboratory
- Telecommunications laboratory
- Exhibit capability to maintain consistent effort inside a challenging academic program
- Exhibit capability to function as a good person in creative student teams
- Positively take part in student professional organizations
- Conserve a 2.5 cumulative GPA to stay in good waiting in the school
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
The School of Engineering offers numerous student organizations to boost student existence and academic encounters in engineering.
- Telecommunications Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Mechatronics Engineer
- Cool Product Developer
- Instrumentation Designer
- Control Systems Specialist