A Far More Connected Industrial Atmosphere
As industrial conditions be advanced and connected, automation technologies are developing in a rapid pace. To provide the communication features and intelligence needed in the plant floor and beyond, designers need solutions that may provide:
- High end along with energy efficiency
- Rugged environment design to face up to water, dust, moisture, and extreme temps
- Advanced, yet economical Human Machine Interface (HMI) features
- Support for top-speed wireless and wired communication
- Devoted features for functional safety implementation
Flexible, Energy-Efficient Solutions
Atmel® offers a multitude of solutions that are perfect for automating and monitoring industrial processes in an array of conditions. They offer support for:
- Human Machine Interface — A Persons Machine Interface (HMI) includes the electronics needed to signal and control the condition of commercial automation equipment. These interface items ranges from the fundamental Brought status indicator to some 20-inch TFT panel with touch screen interface. HMI programs require mechanical robustness and potential to deal with water, dust, moisture, an array of temps, and, in certain conditions, secure communication. They ought to provide Ingress Protection (IP) rankings as much as IP65, IP67, and IP68. The initial capacitive Atmel® QTouch technology, Atmel SAM9 microprocessors, and Atmel CryptoAuthentication™ products enable designers to satisfy these needs and much more, by having an enhanced BOM.
- Sensors — Industrial sensors range from the electronics needed to identify, position or identify an item or rotating axis inside a factory-robotic voice. They utilize a number of technologies, including inductive, magneto-resistive, capacitive, optical, pressure and ultrasound.
- Instruments — Process instruments range from the electronics needed to determine process variables, for example temperature, pressure, level and flow, using a number of sensors and techniques. Energy consumption in active mode is crucial of these items, since many area instruments are powered though a 4-20mA current loop interface, which strongly limits the accessible energy plan for the electronics. Process instruments must frequently have the ability to be employed in hazardous areas, and can't buffer energy.
- Industrial Communications — Industrial communications are in the centre of automated systems. Numerous defined standards exist, which standards keep growing as new industrial Ethernet methods emerge. Atmel® microcontrollers supply the peripheral devices and also the organs and circulatory system architecture needed to effectively interface your products with leading area busses, industrial Ethernet standards, and growing wireless communications.
The Atmel Advantage
Atmel has years of experience of creating microcontrollers for industrial automation electronic programs. In 1993, we introduced the industry's the very first Expensive-based C51 microcontrollers appropriate for industrial programs. Today, our innovative Atmel AVR® and ARM-based microcontrollers are utilized by leading companies in programs including industrial sensors, process instruments, control systems, and industrial control sections.
- Broad Portfolio — The Atmel microcontroller portfolio varies from Atmel tinyAVR® 8-bit microcontrollers towards the 32-bit ARM-based MPU, offering distinct feature sets to aid an assorted variety of items.
- Small Form Factor — Industrial sensors designs take advantage of the highly integrated tinyAVR microcontrollers in small packages. The Atmel AVR microcontrollers are ideal for applying sensor communication standards for example IO-Link in very space-restricted atmosphere, while reducing List of materials (BOM).
- Energy Efficiency — Process instrument programs that need limited energy and solid signal processing abilities can depend on the wide range of efficient Atmel 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Communications Support — Industrial programs want more communications options than ever before. The Atmel 32-bit microcontroller supports numerous communications peripheral devices for example high-speed SPI and USART, CAN and Ethernet, to satisfy the growing interest in area bus and real-time industrial Ethernet solutions.
- Robust HMI — The Atmel advanced capacitive touch technology allows you design generation x of commercial Human Machine Interface solutions.
- Safety functions — Atmel includes in the microcontrollers numerous hardware features which ease the implementation of SIL IEC61508 standards.
- Secure Communication — Many industrial automation programs require secure authentication and encoded communications. The Atmel hardware authentication solutions, made with innovative hardware security design techniques in addition to really low standby energy, offer an inexpensive solution together with Atmel microcontrollers with crypto accelerators.